GRANK vs ARMOR

Please give us your opinions on gameplay and any suggestions you have which could make Dystopia better.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

GRANK vs ARMOR

excellent. (+2)
25%
could be cool. (+1)
25%
do not like it. (-1)
50%

Total votes : 4

GRANK vs ARMOR

Postby kameroti » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:12 am

So one of the problems we find is where the pros reap the noobies and they rage quit and never come back to dystopia. While we can repeatedly ask them not to, its like asking someone not to take candy from a baby. IT JUST DOESN'T WORK.

What if we use the GRANK to limit a pro player's armor. Of the grank is less than the armor level a character would have, then their armor is their grank value at spawn.

Thus if I'm grank 40 and go medium, my armor at spawn time is 40, not the usual 50. In this way there's an easy to apply handicap on pro-players that will help give noobies a chance at a kill with a lucky hit.

I believe this should be easy to implement and hopefully help us retain new players in the game!

:)

-- Kameroti
(Really, I'm not joking...)
kameroti

Re: GRANK vs ARMOR

Postby lamer » Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:29 am

This will ruin the game for the top 30 players (who probably contribute like 30% of all playtime) because Lights will be instakilled with almost every weapon and Mediums will be instakilled with every weapon that is more effective vs Health than vs Armor.

Or imagine someone who plays like once every month since day one of Dystopia, thus being pro and having a bad GRANK. The top30 players couldn't stand a chance vs. that guy and ragequit themselves.

Dystopia should be more noob-friendly, but this is a horrible approach to it.
Would you like some lemons with that?
lamer
PHAN
PHAN

Postby Remonttimies » Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:52 pm

I think this could be a decent suggestion if we instead gave more armour to the newbies so that they'd have some more time to try kill the enemies.
It could also be based on something other than GRANK, like play time. Like you would get some extra armour for the first few hours you start playing dystopia. Then we wouldn't even get the problems mentioned by lamer.
Do you still remember dys_desert?
Remonttimies
Decker

Postby Luffy » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:57 pm

lol no. Dystopia is already a hugely forgiving game, while paradoxically CSS and DoDS have more players despite being much less forgiving. Ever wonder wry?
Killy
Luffy
PHAN
PHAN

Postby kameroti » Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:28 am

This will ruin the game for the top 30 players (who probably contribute like 30% of all playtime) because Lights will be instakilled with almost every weapon and Mediums will be instakilled with every weapon that is more effective vs Health than vs Armor.

Or imagine someone who plays like once every month since day one of Dystopia, thus being pro and having a bad GRANK. The top30 players couldn't stand a chance vs. that guy and ragequit themselves.

Dystopia should be more noob-friendly, but this is a horrible approach to it.
So I'm putting you down as 'Enthusiastic Supporter'' then...

:P

-- Kam
kameroti

Return to “%s” Dystopia Suggestions