Aerowalk - (silly quake port)

A place to discuss Custom additions to Dystopia.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Aerowalk - (silly quake port)

Postby Savior » Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:55 am

So one day I was bored and for one reason or another, I ended up trying to port a map from quake to source.
Murphy, our favorite forum troll had suggested his favorite map, Aerowalk, also known as cpm22.

It actually wasn't all that hard to port it up. I started with gtk radiant (quake map editor), and decompiled the bsp of cpm22, then exported it to a .map file. Then I opened the .map in Worldcraft (hl1 map editor). Then I got it to a vmf some how. (I forget exactly).

Anyway I'm bored and I thought someone might think it was interesting so I decided to upload my port of it. It still has a lot of the original geometry, although a lot of geometry was removed (quake levels love fancy walls apparently) and the whole map was also scaled up by like 3x 3y and 2z (or something like that) to work better for cyber.

We(bitey, murphy, vez, and myself) played it a little, and it seemed interesting, but still I think that cyber maps that tend to play the best are just medium sized box rooms. (fortress has the best cyber, imo)

Anyways:

Downloads
cpm_22.vmf - this is the first decent version, but its before a lot of face optimization, resizing of the level, entities, or decent textures.

sav_aerowalk_b6.vmf - playable for 2 players. Resized, retextured, ect.. (b1-b5 added jumppads, and played with sizes/textures)
sav_aerowalk_b6.bsp - compile of that ^

Pictures
(with random retextures)

Quake (idk what version)

Dystopia

Quake (I think this is the CPM/Q3 version)

Dystopia
Last edited by Savior on Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Savior
PHAN
PHAN

Re: Aerowalk - (silly quake port)

Postby KindredPhantom » Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:57 am

This certainly looks interesting, i wonder how it plays.
KindredPhantom
Puny Human staff

Postby Xaxu » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:33 am

I love quake ports, some of the best level design ever. If this works, I may need you to get me a vmf of a capture the flag map.
Xaxu
PHAN
PHAN

Postby Neon Girl » Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:42 pm

It would be hella sweet if you gave this guy some objectives, or made it CTF or something. Looks like it'd be kinda cool to have in the MFP
Related: 1.3 MFP thread
Neon Girl
PHAN
PHAN

Return to “%s” Dystopia Custom Content