template->_php_include(): File ./../includes/nav.inc.php does not exist or is empty

Srcds.exe has stopped working

Helpful information for people wanting to run dedicated Dystopia servers

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Srcds.exe has stopped working

Postby JohnnyPneumatic » Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:08 pm

Hey guys. I'm trying to put up a new Chicago server (it's that [DeFrag] one) but I'm having stability issues. Sometimes, but not every time, when the map changes, srcds.exe will freeze and have to be force-closed and manually restarted. I've verified both the dystopia and srcds installs, I'm not running any extra plugins or anything, and I've contacted steam support...they weren't helpful. Has anyone run into similar issues and/or does anyone have any advice?
JohnnyPneumatic
PHAN
PHAN

Re: Srcds.exe has stopped working

Postby Atomy » Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:50 pm

Most of the times we were running Linux servers, there were some rare crashed but not that often.
If you have a Linux box around, give it a chance! ;-)
Atomy
Puny Human staff

Postby JohnnyPneumatic » Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:08 pm

Thanks for your prompt response. Unfortunately I don't have access to a Linux machine. I'm hosting it off of my University's server box. (don't worry, it's my job to run game servers for the school.) It's running Windows Server 2008 R2. If there's logs or something somewhere that would help, let me know and I'll post them up.
JohnnyPneumatic
PHAN
PHAN

Postby stonjohn4 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:18 am

From what I can tell everyone seemed to get better hit regs though. I did have to force users to use 100 on updaterate and cmdrate because otherwise they were getting choke and bitching about it :P
"stonjohn4"
stonjohn4
Blank Load Out

Return to Dystopia Server Administrators