template->_php_include(): File ./../includes/nav.inc.php does not exist or is empty

Metamod and BAT does not work, help.

Helpful information for people wanting to run dedicated Dystopia servers

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Metamod and BAT does not work, help.

Postby Ironclaw » Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:48 pm

Hi guys, this is my first post, and it may seem rude of me to some to barge in here asking questions about stuff that should possibly be reserved for longer established members. But I'm going to go ahead and ask anyway, because it's important.

So here's the deal: I'm in Australia, and as you know, there aren't any proper dedicated dystopia servers in Australia... well, not until yesterday, where I got a 16 slot 66tick server set up with Hypernia. It runs, but there is one major problem, and I don't know how to fix it(I haven't experienced this problem before when using my own home run dedicated servers).

The Problem: Metamod source and Basic Admin Tools does not work.

It's not a problem involving stuffed up commands or bad menus or anything like that, it flat out, will not work. Here is an example: I type in "meta version" into rcon, and get this back "Unknown command "meta" ".

So, there is obviously something wrong with the install, and I was wondering if any of you guys knew how to fix this. As far as I know, Hypernia uses windows server 2003, but I'll edit this if I discover otherwise.

Just so I don't get this suggestion, I have already restarted the server after installing the addons.

Thanks in advance.
Ironclaw
Blank Load Out

Re: Metamod and BAT does not work, help.

Postby dirker » Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:48 am

Have you generated the metamod.vdf and placed it into the addons directory?
dirker
Mercenary

Postby Zero-Flame » Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:53 am

I'm assuming you are using the version of MetaMod designed for OrangeBox.

Dystopia (at the time of this post) is not on the OrangeBox publicly, but will be within the next 24 hours. Your stuff might work then. Until then I wouldn't try because it's all going to be changed.
WW3|Zero-Flame
Free file hosting at http://Zero-Flame.com
US FastDL @ http://fastdl.zero-flame.com
Zero-Flame
higher post count

Postby Ironclaw » Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:41 am

alright, I'll contact you guys again if it still doesn't work after the update to 1.3... I wonder if someone has hidden the publish button, or it's under some sort of stack of old pizza.
Ironclaw
Blank Load Out

Return to Dystopia Server Administrators