template->_php_include(): File ./../includes/nav.inc.php does not exist or is empty

Arguing bans and reporting cheaters *read me*

Helpful information for people wanting to run dedicated Dystopia servers

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Arguing bans and reporting cheaters *read me*

Postby Ansob » Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:29 am

I feel it wise to clarify the position of the Moderator Team on these two issues:

Arguing bans in public is not allowed. If you wish to argue your ban from a server, take it up in private with the admin of that server. Threads posted on the Dystopia Forums with the purpose of arguing a server ban will be considered flamebaiting and locked; attempts to repost the thread in spite of this will result in a 24 hour ban.

Reporting cheaters is encouraged, on two conditions:
  • you have significant evidence pointing to your accusations being true (at the very, very least, a screenshot that proves them guilty 100%, but ideally one or more demos); and
  • you do not name names - post a Steam ID so admins can ban the cheater if they feel it is necessary, but do not, under any circumstance, make a post along the lines of "OMG, [user] HAXX0RZ!!1!" Any such post will be considered an attempt to troll and earn you a Warning.
In every case, it is preferable to discuss cheaters in private before posting to make sure that you are not making incorrect assumptions.

If you have any questions, please PM me or contact me on IRC.
Ansob
higher post count

Return to Dystopia Server Administrators