template->_php_include(): File ./../includes/nav.inc.php does not exist or is empty

April Update - New stuff never looked this good!

Dystopia news posts by the Puny Human developers.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

April Update - New stuff never looked this good!

Postby urinal-cake » Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:15 pm

We're back again, after our "viral" update, which gave insight into the beginning of Injection through the eyes of a punk mercenary, to crack open Injection just a little bit further! Injection is the second of two maps that will be along for the ride in the next version and features some of the most dynamic game play elements ever done in a Dystopia map. We first gave you insight into the fast growing development of Injection back in July, although much has changed since. So let us begin.

First, we'll take a look at the outside of the Quetzuku urban arcology into which the Punk Mercenaries must gain access. On the outside, the world is cut off due to the paranoid nature of Quetzuku. Fear of being attacked has led them to clearcut the surrounding neighborhoods. The arcology represents a bastion to all those wanting to taste an organized and civil life. But is it really that?
ImageImage

Inside the outer shell of the arcology lies a gate system which is the last line of defense against anything but the most serious incursions. After breaking through the outer defenses of the arcology, the maintenance decks provide access to the primary power systems.
ImageImage
ImageImage

The power control station is the next target of the Punks' malice. This device controls the amount of power that the generator feeds to the rest of the arcology, as well as its flow dynamics. Changing one simple variable could put a kink in the entire power system. Changing it to benefit your needs however...
ImageImage

At last, the core of Injection. At the base of the arcology, fueling its heavy power needs, is a specially engineered Electron-Injected Phase Burst Generator. This somewhat archaic but mammoth machine is the heart of the towering house of Quetzuku. Disable this, and you've given Goliath a major heart attack.
ImageImage

Not normal to our monthly updates, we'll be giving you a quick look at cyberspace for Injection. The firewall for the urban dwelling is visually partitioned from the rest of the system. The power control station is also visual in its raw system form, allowing the decker to interact with every aspect.
ImageImage

I'm happy to announce that there have been many progressive changes inside of the team in the last month. Take the time to congratulate Hyphen-ated on being our first Lead Programmer since the game's original coder. Mandibull, previously a tryout, has worked very diligently in the last month to provide the solution to many of our buggy issues, and has been brought aboard the team as a permanent addition! The ever talented Spire, whose work will be featured in the next update, has truly amazed the entire team beyond words. In a matter of weeks, he has produced models far surpassing visual standards that the team has set internally, and we are proud to have him on board as our newest artist! In addition, Venciera, the level designer for the popular third party map Cybernetic, has been brought on as a tryout, and is showing rewarding progress!

We would like to welcome all of the new help, and encourage that everyone take a look at our help wanted parts. We're especially in need of talented animators and sound engineers!

Image Image Image Image Image
urinal-cake
Puny Human staff

Postby Zero-Flame » Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:25 pm

SEXAH!!!!!

And CONGRATS TO ALL THE NEW TEAM!!!!!
WW3|Zero-Flame
Free file hosting at http://Zero-Flame.com
US FastDL @ http://fastdl.zero-flame.com
Zero-Flame
higher post count

Postby Juan » Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:32 pm

seriously want to see what spire's been cookin'
Juan
PHAN
PHAN

Postby Keiron » Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:34 pm

Purrrrdy!
FISHY SAYZ
[TEL]Keiron. Yes, I am Keiron. I am the leader of [TEL].
Keiron

Postby Beep Beep, I'm A Jeep!! » Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:43 pm

Looking good
Beep Beep, I'm A Jeep!!
CyberNewb

Postby Giggles » Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:48 pm

Nicely done, keep up the good work and lets get this thing released :P
Giggles
PHAN
PHAN

Postby WaLLy3K » Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:50 pm

Very nice, good to see this is still up and running (I haven't been around for ages)
WaLLy3K
PHAN
PHAN

Postby Station » Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:59 pm

Beep Beep, I'm A Jeep!! wrote:Looking good

My thoughts as well.
Station

Postby Sgt_Hobo » Sat Apr 26, 2008 11:14 pm

Ah I remember Injection as if it was.....only two hours ago. Also, <3 the new people.
Sgt_Hobo
PHAN
PHAN

Postby Esoj » Sat Apr 26, 2008 11:44 pm

so pretty and yes all the new guys doing good jobs.
Esoj
higher post count

Postby Raithah » Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:35 am

I suppose if it were possible you would have done so already, but could a small list of requested SFX be posted ? Ever since getting bored with GIMP'ing I've been looking for a new hobby - this looks to be a good place to start.
The preferred outcome of war, is peace. Ironic, huh ?
Raithah
Trooper

Postby Pyroguy » Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:41 am

Packing one more giant freaking laser (with a power generator on top), for everyone's personal enjoyment.
Pyroguy
PHAN
PHAN

Postby avv » Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:46 am

In addition, Venciera, the level designer for the popular third party map Cybernetic, has been brought on as a tryout, and is showing rewarding progress!

Yay! Grats Venciera.
avv

Postby Charkles [UK] » Sun Apr 27, 2008 4:12 am

Looking very nice, congrats to Venciera! Oh and at least the update is written in Fuggen English this time. :wink:
Charkles [UK]
Physical Adept

Postby ocun » Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:58 am

awesome! congrats new devs! really fuckin nice to hear someone is producing code again :D looking forward to seeing Spire's stuff aswel!
& congrats venciera! i'm really exited about this, knowing that cybernetic will now definately get the polish it deserves, love that map!
as for injection, looks friggin huge! :shock: *charges his laser*
ocun

Postby Coat_Hanger_Abortion » Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:04 am

So that might beast commonly referred to as the "button bug" has been slain?
urinal-cake wrote:Holy fucking shit that is crazy
You're fucked. Later
Coat_Hanger_Abortion

Postby MarvintheParanoidAndroid » Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:37 am

Coat_Hanger_Abortion wrote:So that might beast commonly referred to as the "button bug" has been slain?

If so, whoever fixed it needs their dev logo on the scoreboard replaced with a giant neon sign saying "I FIXED THE BUTTON BUG, BOW DOWN BEFORE ME!"

And everything in this news update is totally awesome.
<the_funkmaster> does lez dream of ELCRETIC SHPEE?
MarvintheParanoidAndroid
higher post count

Postby anton_es » Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:13 am

and you thought team dys will let you down ? come on ..... ;)
let me tell you, dystopia will come through with epicness once again
anton_es
higher post count

Postby Cokemonkey11 » Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:59 am

good stuff, the screenie of the core is now by background :)

Good to hear about new team members!
Cokemonkey11

Postby Osa » Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:10 pm

Ok, only one comment..

If that's what cyberspace is going to look like, then it looks like I might have to try the heavy..

Too bright! WAAAY too orange..

I hope that's not how it is going to stay?
Osa
PHAN
PHAN

Postby KindredPhantom » Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:13 pm

Osa wrote:Ok, only one comment..

If that's what cyberspace is going to look like, then it looks like I might have to try the heavy..

Too bright! WAAAY too orange..

I hope that's not how it is going to stay?

The future's bright, the future's orange.
KindredPhantom
Puny Human staff

Postby urinal-cake » Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:14 pm

Coat_Hanger_Abortion wrote:So that might beast commonly referred to as the "button bug" has been slain?

Actually, a lot of the big common bugs that are currently in 1.1 have been or are in the process of being fixed. The button bug, well, lets just say that it wasn't as easy.

Hyphen-ated and Mandibull have really shined these past few months. They really know their stuff with code, and are top notch programmers. Upon 1.2's release, everyone should defenitely give them a lot of props, as they've put in a ton of great features as well as even better bug fixes.

Word about the orange injection cyberspace:
Thats with all my settings cranked up, so bloom + HDR, etc. The great thing about it, is that when you're actually swishing around in there, its like a big orgasmic swirl of colors, the combat is even better. It's very hard to get confused or lost, so you can just jump in and have at it.
urinal-cake
Puny Human staff

Postby obj » Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:16 pm

KindredPhantom wrote:The future's bright, the future's orange.

The future's so orange I gotta drink lemsip.
I will wear only black and white and hide in the alleys on Saturday nights.
__
-Is that for the pain?
-No. This causes paralysis. There is nothing for the pain.
obj
higher post count

Postby Sgt_Hobo » Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:12 pm

ocun wrote:& congrats venciera! i'm really exited about this, knowing that cybernetic will now definately get the polish it deserves, love that map!

You have absolutely no idea how much fun it's been for us to play Cybernetic. None. Nearly everytime, it's been a down-to-the-buzzer 4th objective victory. It's kept us on the edge of our seats and just when we think we've lost it, boom "Objective captured" with no more than 10 seconds (maybe even 5 in one case) on the clock. I don't know if that happens on any of the public servers but it's been nothing short of amazing for us.
Sgt_Hobo
PHAN
PHAN

Postby Onea » Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:58 pm

I think the orange cs looks pretty cool. I haven't tried it yet obviously, but I like it :)
Onea
PHAN
PHAN

Next

Return to Dystopia News