template->_php_include(): File ./../includes/nav.inc.php does not exist or is empty

April Pre-Update - The Transcript

Dystopia news posts by the Puny Human developers.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

April Pre-Update - The Transcript

Postby urinal-cake » Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:22 pm

SEC-ORP SHARED AUDIO TRANSCRIPT.
QUETZUKU AFFILIATION. CLASSIFIED.

'Ey boss

Me apologies for the tardiness. I got held up at a sale at BigMax. I got me 'least twenty packs 'o Algae an twenty packs 'o Chocolate Pizza flavored NutriNoodles. If you want boss, you can take it off me bill.
Too business. I stuck around the target for bout say three hours? Just as you said boss, dey started showin' faces bout 18:50. Dey brought high levels 'o security, and seems like dey be protectin' it real good after that bomb threat you put in.
Here be the pictures of the [guard shack] for the arcology and dey got wit' em some new 'slicks,' a rapid response Trojan APC.

Entrance to the guard shack be really easy, defenses not so much. In there, dey gots a direct connection established with the arco's cyber security fire'all. Dey be able to control access to the arcology from it

Quetzuku's be havin some high security round this shack. But we be takin' it soon.

Dey be placin' snipes all over for any one who tries to slip by. Luckily, [-inaudible-] far.

Dis' be the best access at the moment for the arco. It's 'uge ain't it?

I couldn't be gettin' closer to the arco, but you can see how we gotta get inside. The shack be the easy part. After that, not so much.

Now all yah we's got to do is set off that fire'all security, and dey be runnin' inside after der precious generator. We corner 'em, and we got ourself one prette' littl' bow.

Boss, I see you when we gets the boys togetha.'
Oh boss, don' be givin away the frequency on these 'noculars. GLO be on me like nu-kids to Hazmat.

END TRANSCRIPT.

Stay tuned this week, when we crack open Injection!
Also, be sure to check out our need for more developers!

Above images have not been modified to change any in-game features. The effects given to the pictures do not represent actual game footage. Corps are not orange, and I don't know what a MIL is.

Image Image
Last edited by urinal-cake on Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:44 pm, edited 5 times in total.
urinal-cake
Puny Human staff

Postby Zero-Flame » Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:40 pm

SECKZ!!!!!!!!
WW3|Zero-Flame
Free file hosting at http://Zero-Flame.com
US FastDL @ http://fastdl.zero-flame.com
Zero-Flame
higher post count

Postby Blarggy » Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:51 pm

Oh so hot. Screenshots = sex.
Blarggy
PHAN
PHAN

Postby MarvintheParanoidAndroid » Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:52 pm

Niiice. That is all.
<the_funkmaster> does lez dream of ELCRETIC SHPEE?
MarvintheParanoidAndroid
higher post count

Postby avv » Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:52 pm

Slurrp the leeks... they are so delicious.
avv

Postby Rain » Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:51 pm

DO WANT. O_O

"All visitors are required to volunteer for vehicle search." Classic!
Rain

Postby Keiron » Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:23 pm

Holy fuck it's cyberpunky
<3.
FISHY SAYZ
[TEL]Keiron. Yes, I am Keiron. I am the leader of [TEL].
Keiron

Postby heartfire » Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:27 pm

As an English major, it's nauseating that you can't take your jobs seriously and speak Fuggen English. This is a long drop from your last update, and it is nothing short of annoying.
heartfire
Blank Load Out

Postby urinal-cake » Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:39 pm

heartfire wrote:As an English major, it's nauseating that you can't take your jobs seriously and speak Fuggen English. This is a long drop from your last update, and it is nothing short of annoying.

Hahahaa. Holy crap. I lol'd so hard.
urinal-cake
Puny Human staff

Postby termi » Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:40 pm

i believe with the pretext of 'shared audio transcript' and the rest of the 'in character' text, and of course the obvious 'quote' marks around it, my dear team member urinal cake was doing his best to convey the fact that the post was, in most part at least direct to be in character.

that said, each to their own, I think UC was just looking at a fun way to preview injection before the proper cover of it shows up next update.
Team T, you know you want it.
termi
Team Dystopia
Team Dystopia

Postby Keiron » Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:46 pm

termi wrote:that said, each to their own, I think UC was just looking at a fun way to preview injection before the proper cover of it shows up next update.

No no, heartfire is right. Stop being greatly poor such english speech-crafters beee serious!!
FISHY SAYZ
[TEL]Keiron. Yes, I am Keiron. I am the leader of [TEL].
Keiron

Postby Warsprite » Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:47 pm

heartfire wrote:As an English major, it's nauseating that you can't take your jobs seriously and speak Fuggen English. This is a long drop from your last update, and it is nothing short of annoying.

As a human being, you should realize that occasionally we play roles that we don't actually ascribe to. It's called acting, role playing, talking in-character...all sorts of lovely things.
Warsprite
PHAN
PHAN

Postby Esoj » Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:08 pm

the internet is filled with a bit of comedy. you maybe disappointed with quite a lot of spelling etc on it.

I think it's awesome a fun approach to an update breaks up the trend a bit. it's especially impressive with how well it was all pulled off too and looks really good.
Esoj
higher post count

Postby anton_es » Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:24 pm

fuggen english ? no tiff-taffin way !
anton_es
higher post count

Postby IronHead » Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:27 pm

why are you talking like a pirate? ;__;

ps: Quetzuku's be stealin my bucket
A shark on Whisky, is mighty risky. A shark on Beer, is a Beer Engineer

SteelShark
IronHead

Postby Onea » Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:02 pm

Awesome. Fluff is win.
Onea
PHAN
PHAN

Postby Klaste » Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:03 am

By the way, I think MiL probably stands for millimeter, if you were referring to the labels on the little crosshair for the 'nocs.
Klaste

Postby Klaste » Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:12 am

It's nauseating to me that you seem to take everything so seriously.. not to mention that you turned "fuggen," whatever that means, into a proper noun. We all know you mean "fucken'" when you say "Fuggen," so just say what you mean.

Anyways, I like your suspense-building.. and the promised update within a week. Now, did you mean you were actually releasing Injection within the week, or just going into more detail?
Klaste

Postby Charkles [UK] » Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:46 am

As an English major, it's nauseating that you can't take your jobs seriously and speak Fuggen English. This is a long drop from your last update, and it is nothing short of annoying.

Indeed, old chap, this is quite unacceptable of the developers to write in such a way. It's just not cricket, what?

I say, developers, could you perchance refrain from writing in such a colloquial manner? heartfire, as one quite learned in the English language, is rather displeased with your role-playing. To calm down, I suggest he had better sit down for some Earl Grey tea and crumpets with some fellow thespians and gentlemen. What say you to this, Duke heartfire?

A topping idea, you say? Excellent. Now I have a game of polo to attend to, so I bid you adieu.
Charkles [UK]
Physical Adept

Postby Loki » Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:59 am

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Loki
higher post count

Postby K7-Avenger » Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:27 am

AWESOME, howecome there are orange skins? they freekin rock !
K7-Avenger
PHAN
PHAN

Postby Zero-Flame » Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:32 pm

What is "Fuggen English" is that a branch of the English language?
ZeroFlame thinks that you need to learn how to understand a quote an audio transmission. ZeroFlame thinks that you need to relax, it is the internet after all. ZeroFlame, ZeroFlame, ZeroFlame!

rawr at teh engrish mahjorz 'nd themz bein al seriouz n' wha-not

urinal-cake wrote:Hahahaa. Holy crap. I lol'd so hard.

i lulllled as welllll
WW3|Zero-Flame
Free file hosting at http://Zero-Flame.com
US FastDL @ http://fastdl.zero-flame.com
Zero-Flame
higher post count

Postby Marvin » Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:26 am

As an english major you should recognise acting when you see it, or did you think those theater classes were extranious crap. (that said)

map looks FREAKING AWSOME! I can't wait to play. And I quite enjoyed the punk recon presentation of the new screens; it's a lot more entertaining than just posting the pictures and saying "look pictures!" You should do that kind of thing more often.

PS Charkles, you are awsome.
Duck // Marvin
Jack in. Eat phist!
Marvin
Decker

Postby urinal-cake » Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:55 am

I agree.
I love charkles.
He's squishie and huggable. His threads are epic. His face is beard.
urinal-cake
Puny Human staff

Postby Cokemonkey11 » Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:04 pm

very nice there :D
Cokemonkey11

Next

Return to Dystopia News