template->_php_include(): File ./../includes/nav.inc.php does not exist or is empty

Mid-August July Update.

Dystopia news posts by the Puny Human developers.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Postby Whiteknight » Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:16 pm

I'm really digging Exodus' cyberpunk feel.

TwiNCannoN wrote:Fortress and Undermine will be updated, for sure.

If by updating Undermine you mean reverting EU2 back to its previous state, then I heartily, heartily approve. Otherwise, don't touch ma Undermine to make it more newb friendly. I like the free-flowing complexity. :(

The RJ wrote:put this shit back on the front page jeez

Incredibly good question. Most people won't visit the forums to see if there are updates.

As long as Fortress is playable, though, and Silo's spawn glitch is fixed, I'll be very happy.
Whiteknight
PHAN
PHAN

Postby Dredhorse » Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:34 am

there is news on the frontpage.... left upper quadrant.. not very obvious though I agree
OH. btw: I'm normally NOT in these forums anymore, so if you want something from me you need to PM me.

Dredhorse
PHAN
PHAN

Postby Uranium - 235 » Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:59 am

I hear Injection is just going to be a straight line of large square rooms connected together by a single long, narrow hallway.
Uranium - 235

Postby anton_es » Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:11 am

I thought it had the floorplan of a syringe, wide for the first objective, then it gets narrower and narrower the more you near the last objective.
last objective has only room for one light (crouched)
Last edited by anton_es on Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
anton_es
higher post count

Postby termi » Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:16 am

random bs from multiple people about testing maps and fixing problems

Hi, we had a huge test team that did what they could to find all the problems, unfortunatly no matter what some slip through.

in short, old news.
Team T, you know you want it.
termi
Team Dystopia
Team Dystopia

Postby Trapt » Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:39 am

Trapt
Street Samurai

Postby celery » Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:43 am

Great job guys! Keep up the good work!
celery
Operative

Postby Elman » Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:59 pm

termi wrote:
random bs from multiple people about testing maps and fixing problems

Hi, we had a huge test team that did what they could to find all the problems, unfortunatly no matter what some slip through.

in short, old news.

Well, don't be mad... It's just that as far as I knew you thought those maps were fine (I'd already talked about Fortress during the Release Candidate testing. And that one wasn't hard to improve by changing a few values), which they aren't. So I just wanted to know if you'd noticed the problems, since I love your game and I want it to keep improving. Now that I know you're aware of the problem I won't mention it again: I wasn't trying to flame, just to help :P
Elman
PHAN
PHAN

Postby Snowman » Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:57 am

If the .plans are going away, could they... go away? It just makes scroll time longer :(
Snowman
higher post count

Postby termi » Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:02 am

we're not just going to delete stuff, we're gonna merge the posts into the dev blog forum, give us a moment ;)
termi
Team Dystopia
Team Dystopia

Postby feanix » Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:44 am

we thought the bug fixing stuff went without saying. the reason it wasn't mentioned was a news post like "we are fixing bugs" wasn't likely to enthuse the ravenous public. juicy new content always sates their eternal hunger, if but for a time...
feanix
Team Dystopia
Team Dystopia

Postby sole21000 » Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:01 pm

Nice, it's good to see new stuff.

Like the other's have said, keep up the good work.

Lovin' both those new levels, though that left exodus pic looks especially awesome (looks like a good place to have a firefight :D )
Screen name, TGN| so1id sn@ke
sole21000
Street Samurai

Postby Sgt_Hobo » Thu Aug 16, 2007 4:44 pm

feanix wrote:we thought the bug fixing stuff went without saying. the reason it wasn't mentioned was a news post like "we are fixing bugs" wasn't likely to enthuse the ravenous public. juicy new content always sates their eternal hunger, if but for a time...

The only time that might be an exception is if we manage to fix a really well known and irritating bug. In which case, it should probably go straight on the front page. :D
Sgt_Hobo
PHAN
PHAN

Postby Elman » Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:54 pm

Sgt_Hobo wrote:
feanix wrote:we thought the bug fixing stuff went without saying. the reason it wasn't mentioned was a news post like "we are fixing bugs" wasn't likely to enthuse the ravenous public. juicy new content always sates their eternal hunger, if but for a time...

The only time that might be an exception is if we manage to fix a really well known and irritating bug. In which case, it should probably go straight on the front page. :D

I wasn't talking about mentioning random bug fixing, but about map unbalance fixing, since it hadn't been mentioned at all and they were working on new maps rather than improving the balance or fixing the CS projectile spam. Again, since it's been stated that they'll fix it, forget it for now (I agree with Coat, though, those problems should be fixed and released before moving on to the next patch. But that's the devs' business, not mine, so nvm... I just wanted to know they'd look into it :P).
Elman
PHAN
PHAN

Postby Dredhorse » Fri Aug 17, 2007 6:57 am

point is that we want to include as many fixes as possible, plus if we "fix" maps we have to test them first, and if it is not a bug but some redesign we have to play it more than once.

it is necessary to roll up as much as possible as we don't want you guys to download every week a map only to figure out that you can't play on 50% of the server because they didn't update correctly.
OH. btw: I'm normally NOT in these forums anymore, so if you want something from me you need to PM me.

Dredhorse
PHAN
PHAN

Postby Elman » Fri Aug 17, 2007 7:14 am

Dredhorse wrote:point is that we want to include as many fixes as possible, plus if we "fix" maps we have to test them first, and if it is not a bug but some redesign we have to play it more than once.

Fortress was balanced, but punks relied on spawn camping in it. Spawn camping was fixed. Therefore, the glass must be made a lot harder to break, and turrets must be turned into thermal? I can't see the logic in that, tbh. And those changes wouldn't be so hard to make as a redesign (For example, placing the spawn somewhere closer) would.

it is necessary to roll up as much as possible as we don't want you guys to download every week a map only to figure out that you can't play on 50% of the server because they didn't update correctly.

It's not like we needed more than 3 or 4 active servers with the current community, and it wouldn't take that long. The gameplay improvements (Specially in Cyberspace, but also in certain maps) would be worth it. I know you just want to gather a bigger community, and that's why you'd rather have big releases to attract new players like V1 did, but it's not like balance tweaking could be counted as a release. And having spammy cyberspaces or bugs like Broadcast's 3rd won't help keeping the new players.

Anyway, if you want to discuss this it'd better be in the Suggestions forum :-? I already said I wasn't gonna mention this here, also XD
Elman
PHAN
PHAN

Postby Dredhorse » Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:52 am

Elman wrote:It's not like we needed more than 3 or 4 active servers with the current community, and it wouldn't take that long. The gameplay improvements (Specially in Cyberspace, but also in certain maps) would be worth it. I know you just want to gather a bigger community, and that's why you'd rather have big releases to attract new players like V1 did, but it's not like balance tweaking could be counted as a release. And having spammy cyberspaces or bugs like Broadcast's 3rd won't help keeping the new players.

Anyway, if you want to discuss this it'd better be in the Suggestions forum :-? I already said I wasn't gonna mention this here, also XD

ähmm.. it would annoy me to get on a server, play some rounds and get disconnected because the map differs.

and NO about the we will wait with the release to draw more people in, we will fix as soon as possible, but it will take time.

and I agree, any suggestion on how to improve gameplay should go into the suggestions forum.

Dredhorse
PHAN
PHAN

Postby Uranium - 235 » Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:22 pm

Probably because the 'fix' for Silo was about as effective as a bandaid on a disemboweling abdominal wound.
Uranium - 235

Postby avv » Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:13 am

Uranium - 235 wrote:

Probably because the 'fix' for Silo was about as effective as a bandaid on a disemboweling abdominal wound.

Actually it was pretty good fix. People are just still using the tunnels too much, they should use vents.
Tesla is one problem in silo, it just dominates the map.
avv

Postby Coat_Hanger_Abortion » Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:49 am

Dredhorse wrote:
Elman wrote:It's not like we needed more than 3 or 4 active servers with the current community, and it wouldn't take that long. The gameplay improvements (Specially in Cyberspace, but also in certain maps) would be worth it. I know you just want to gather a bigger community, and that's why you'd rather have big releases to attract new players like V1 did, but it's not like balance tweaking could be counted as a release. And having spammy cyberspaces or bugs like Broadcast's 3rd won't help keeping the new players.

ähmm.. it would annoy me to get on a server, play some rounds and get disconnected because the map differs.

and NO about the we will wait with the release to draw more people in, we will fix as soon as possible, but it will take time.

and I agree, any suggestion on how to improve gameplay should go into the suggestions forum.

The problem is getting out information that there was an update. When 1.1 was released, I ran into a lot of servers that didn't have 1.1 installed. It was hard tracking down contact information for some of those server operators to let them know that there was a patch.
urinal-cake wrote:Holy fucking shit that is crazy
You're fucked. Later
Coat_Hanger_Abortion

Postby termi » Sun Aug 26, 2007 4:13 am

re: zomg the silo fix didnt work.

as avv said, a fix only works if people use the newly available access points, its stupidly obvious that if you still insist on using only the original entrys, its still gonna be lockdown city. but this is the same with any bug fix, be it maps or gameplay related stuff.
termi
Team Dystopia
Team Dystopia

Previous

Return to Dystopia News