template->_php_include(): File ./../includes/nav.inc.php does not exist or is empty

Blender and sword axes

Everything from maps to future workshop content! Here is the place to talk about it.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Blender and sword axes

Postby GennDALF » Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:32 pm

Hi guys!
I hope I posted this message in right branch of forum.

While making my first sword for Blade Symphony I've faced few troubles. In fact, when I tried to import a model in BS the engine write me an error about too large model, although I was guided by Bounding Box Mesh from this official guideline.

So, I suppose, my first question is about correct global and mutual orientation of both bone and sword. Second - about SMD export options in Blender.

First of all, let me say that I've taken too many attempts to arrange sword and bone correctly and now I feel that I finally got confused in those axes...(

Here are few screenshots:
sword_orient.png
Top view, Right view and a vertex with coordinates.

imp_exp.png
Importing Bounding Box Mesh and exporting SMD file.

How to understand Forward and Up axes concerning Blade Symphony? Should the Target Up axis in exporting options be the same as previous Up axis? I read in Blender Source Tool Help that Target Up should be set if you use $upaxis in QC-file. Here it is Z by default.

I show here the importing options because there's one more supposition is that Bounding Box Mesh was imported wrong and I've really got large model, regardless of the orientations. Is this possible?

So, I hope somebody will be so kind to help me with all of this..)
Thanks!
GennDALF
Blank Load Out

Re: Blender and sword axes

Postby fug » Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:38 pm

Hi,

Re-posted your help request on our steam workshop forums, just because there are quite a few guys using blender who may be able to help you:

https://steamcommunity.com/linkfilter/h ... ic=55698.0
fug
Puny Human staff

Return to 3rd party development