template->_php_include(): File ./../includes/nav.inc.php does not exist or is empty

[OpenSource]Dys_Stronghold b6b - 04/Dec/11

A place to discuss Custom additions to Dystopia.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Re: [Revived]Dys_Stronghold b4a - 01/Nov/06

Postby sverek » Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:49 pm

metzgrr! wrote:It needs to be brighter !

and kids running around and sun shining and green grass. dys_utopia_v2 :D
<Atomy> i can kill all
<Atomy> so those bastards would get updated
<Atomy> THATS THE WAY TO WORK WITH VALVE TOOLS
sverek
higher post count

Postby metzgrr! » Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:58 pm

sverek wrote:
metzgrr! wrote:It needs to be brighter !

and kids running around and sun shining and green grass. dys_utopia_v2 :D

Yeah its so utopian in irak because they have bright sunlight.
metzgrr!
PHAN
PHAN

Postby icepick66 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:23 pm

Hmm its alot brighter that the screenshots, idk why they came out so dark, But Ill test in the day tommorow to see if its acceptable during the daytime. Does anybody still have crts? lol
icepick66
PHAN
PHAN

Postby T-1000 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:57 pm

icepick66 wrote:The street sweeper is gone sadly (probibly alot of peoples fravorite)

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
icepick66 wrote:Does anybody still have crts?
Yeah, I still do.
T-1000

Postby icepick66 » Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:20 pm

Excuse the fullbright :P

Quick glipse of obj4, and the infinate loop machine :D

Basicly you have to ride the emp bomb (orange thing) down the conveyors and get past a forign material scanner, which untill hacked rejects the box and sends it around the conveyors again.
Conveyors are models and have skins so they can animate moving, or be stationary. Just need to texture the sides of them.
icepick66
PHAN
PHAN

Postby bauxite » Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:34 pm

what did u say?

infinite what machine?

also can conveyors be func_conveyor is that better or worse? i dunno i never used them before though.
bauxite
PHAN
PHAN

Postby icepick66 » Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:13 pm

Im using trigger push atm, idk never properly experemented with func conveyors though.
you'll have to see it in action to understand what i mean by that :P
icepick66
PHAN
PHAN

Postby bauxite » Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:46 pm

so thats the infnite loop machine?

it moves entities? dont think func_conveyor can do that.

you could try parenting them to a func_tracktrain, but then again i dont know what you are trying to achieve exactly, just an idea.
bauxite
PHAN
PHAN

Postby ocun » Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:19 pm

any progress? release soooooon? :-)
ocun

Postby icepick66 » Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:34 am

Heh, ment to post yesteday, over the last 2 days Ive done 70% of the cyberspace.
Was suprised dystopia could handle 17 cyberscreens in 1 location!.

Supose I owe a new SS, only have 1 as the rest are just ss of bugs to fix.
Same room as a few posts above, just with lighting.

working my way though bugs also and posted a big bug list in the bugs forum :P

Still need to do the soundscapes and both 3d skyboxes

EDIT:
Add player clips around the place to stop rambo leg boosters, and finished all the objectives bar making a bridge to the last objective. cs now mostly bugless still need to re-do the last node, which im trying to think up ideas for. Ill see if I have time to do the 3d skyboxes. But hoping to release asap. Then finish off the details as gameplay balance changes are made.
icepick66
PHAN
PHAN

Re: [New]Dys_Stronghold b5 - 08/Aug/09

Postby icepick66 » Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:27 am

Okay, after 2 years and 10 months, B5 Is released today, still has a few bugs listed on the first page.
Most importantly: there is no 3d skybox for cyberspace & meatspace (you can see outside the map alot).

Ill probibly release a b5a version for the MFP, this version isnt really meant to go on live servers.
Just have a run round and get a feel for the layout, so everyone isn't clueless when it comes to the mfp :)

I would suggest its meant for 5v5 as its too small for any more players, we'll see. Im hoping the balaced is tipped so punks mostly win, making it a stopwatch map.

Also please reply any issues you find (other than the ones listed on the first page), so I can fix them before the mfp!

Walkthrough/Objective highlights (screenshots-kinda)
http://icepick66.co.uk/swalk.aspx

Download:
http://icepick66.co.uk/Documents/dys_st ... b5.bsp.bz2
icepick66
PHAN
PHAN

Postby ocun » Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:15 pm

the map is currently in rotation, and we're having a 7vs7 pub on it
remarks:
- very solid map, A+ for original objectives such as the bomb and conveyor thing
- i was a bit surprised about the new layout, the old version seemed much easier to get into, its not an easy map to just walk around and play
- people were complaining the map was way too dark overall (i agree)
- objective 1 is damn near impossible to cap, even when we managed to get the sewer route by exploding the gas (pretty cool), you still have to go over the bridge which is where the actual problem is: EVERYTHING passes through 1 small door, and people camp it with hevs; i suggest an alternative route in that room, atm its killing your map as teams get stuck on first objective and people tend to leave :-)
- wasnt there a moveable teleporter at some point? didnt see one
- the other objectives seemed to go better, ill get back to you on that :-)
- great cyberspace idea with the buildings, quite impressive, cool neons, but the entrance to buildings could be a bit more obvious (flashing panels with 'enter here!'?)
- the bridge of the final objective could be a lot more fancy, i recall a very sweet drawbridge from the earlier version?

keep it up!
ocun

Postby bauxite » Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:19 pm

umm icepick, what did you do with the original creator of stronghold?

it looked totaly different and dark also. i dont know how it plays but just looking at it seemed to be really not like teh previous version.

was taht an intention? why, the previous version was awesome.
bauxite
PHAN
PHAN

Postby Neon Girl » Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:47 pm

What's the deal with the vent? I watched my entire team suicide TWICE down that thing before they found the real way out. The door to this vent looks too much like the way to go, and the button doesn't help either.

That's this button
No-one saw the passage until the obj was nearly capped D: Everyone went the other way, down the vent of death.

Suggestions: Put some lighting there so people can see it on the first run. Also, get rid of the bump in the wall the button is on. It hides the way to go. Just put the button right on the flat part of the wall.

The only other thing I have to add is that the Generator Access Door on obj 1 doesn't look like it can be opened. Putting a light on the sign should fix that.

Other than those little spaces though, it was a good map. I especially like the last objective :P
Neon Girl
PHAN
PHAN

Postby ocun » Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:58 pm

ive replaced stronghold with paralax in the rotation for the moment, as teams cant get beyond obj1 as it stands :-)
hopefully that can be resolved quickly :-)
ocun

Postby icepick66 » Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:40 am

Heya, I allways feared people will camp in that area where obj1 is,
Do they camp on the top ramp area? or down below? I may add some steam to stop people just sitting there, if that doesent solve it ill work a vent into the objective accessable from the sewers. Idea was as a punk you can easly camp the corps spawn from the indoor bridge with a gl, youll cut down their out-going people then work your way into the room,
but I dont want the corps to be in that bridge/obj room, I'd rather force them outside where they have to control 3 flanking points.

@ neon girl, I can see thats a huge problem, Did try and make the lasers bright enough :P, But Ill add some arrows and lighting to induce people to go down the long ramp way.
That vent is hackable though, but I've made the fatal error of having it start enabled before the punks have any access to that cyberspace section, doh!
Also every door is openable unless marked with a red sticker/line/graphiti. By the core doors do you mean the inside ones, or the building on the right of the street?

The last objective bridge, lol, seems the change of engine versions? broke it, I played for about 3 hours trying to get my original bridge to work, but seems like this verison has huge problems with filtering out parent movement from children, so the bridge would kinda gallop around and around and not really do much/sitstill. So I kinda just stuck the dual drawbridge there tempory. Ill probibly aim for floating platforms, that extend and hover and actualy visualy take 6 secconds to cross.

@baux I've yet to see how it performs in a pub match, but hopfully I killed off most lr raving compared to the original. There are a few original elements still in the map, but mostly everything has been stripped out/redone.
from 80% of brushes down to 20%, not to mention the fps boost the staggared layout offers. The change was innevitable.

The brightness, having a LCD its extremly hard to tell when its too dark for crt's, and I have tested the map a few times in direct sunlight which seemed okay and playable (but I do know the layout off by heart), is it mainly the streets? I did turn down the ambient light as it looked horrible before, but guess ill try turning it back up again.
The moveable teleporter is in the map, its in the punk shop (obj2), Tucked away on the shelf :) As with the previous versions, it must first be enabled via cyberspace, then itll glow and stuff.

How did everyone find the last 2 objectives, do you think there needs to be a sewer entrace? where did the corps mostly camp (once they figured out the vent)?

Also like to point out objective 2 Is recapable, but it only effects the punk spawn location, they still can complete the futher objectives (if they can get past the shop anyway), forgot that in the walkthrough.

Ill start working on updating it!
icepick66
PHAN
PHAN

Postby bauxite » Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:51 am

i agree i think you need to test it on a cheapo moniter, not everone uses top end LCD u know :D

it is actually quite dark, make sure you test with the default brightness in game and stuff.
bauxite
PHAN
PHAN

Postby ocun » Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:45 pm

lets put it this way, its considerably darker than the official dystopia maps (which is pretty damn dark :-)), just about everywhere indoors and out, i thought it was a bug with the missing skybox or something hehe

about objective 1, to me it seemed the sewer route took quite some work to open and you end up with a route thats about the same length an ends up in the same horrible location and you still need to cross the bridge and fight the miniguns behind the door, left right and below
overall the layout for obj1 just didnt make much sense to me, you pass above the corps spawn which is just asking for trouble and to get there in the first place takes quite a lot of time
i would try to get the movable teleporter working again to shorten the distance for obj1 (it was awesome), and work on a second entrance inside the obj1 room (where the bridge leads to) coming from the sewers
ocun

Re: [New]Dys_Stronghold b5a - 09/Aug/09

Postby icepick66 » Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:11 pm

B5a has been released
http://icepick66.co.uk/Documents/dys_st ... 5a.bsp.bz2

Changelog:
B5A- 09/08/09
+ Stopped door camping by the first objective
+ Added vent entrance to first obj for light and med's
+ Turned off vent hurter by default
+ Added some location arrows
+ Changed the last bridge abit
+ Added sub objectives to obj1
+ Added a few more lights here and there, and increased brightness of some.
+ Gave more indication the core doors open
+ Rotostairs have now been positioned so they are seen before the vent entrance.
+ Made it possible to get up if fallen down the punk & corp staircases.

Im running in windowed mode so I cant ajust the brightness setting, so I dont know what its set at.
Try this version if its still unbearable ill ajust the ambient generic. But the values are exactly the same as the old versions of stronghold which is odd, I dont have access to a crt in my house, but I will keep playing with the values untill everyone is happy. 1 Quetion is the factory main area (excuding the corp spawn) too dark? as thats the brightest area for me.

With the first objective, changed a few things, added another entrace, hopfully it should be alot easier to cap, but ill have to see in-game exactly where people are stalling at, then provide alternatives. But im trying to make it unfesable as possible to sit in that obj room and camp. If its still hard to cap, ill give the teleporter at that stage too.

The side route takes about 60 secs to hack, i understand its alittle odd having to hack 2 things for 1 route, so maybe i could stagger it abit and move another entrace to the sewers by the warehouses, we'll see
icepick66
PHAN
PHAN

Postby Neon Girl » Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:29 am

I ran myself through the new version. It's def. better :P I found lots of things I never would in a pub either ^_^ I gots some more feedback for you!

On obj 1, the camping thing: When you come into the room before the power core, to your right is a box. As a mini SS heavy, I camped behind that (clear shot to the JIP) and scored something like 10 kills before I died. The rail you added should help, but there's still a clear view. Perhaps you could add another box to fill that space?

Frist, when I talked about the generator access door, I was talking about the door to the building.

I also found a mapping bug.

And, on the off chance that your decker died somehow, you could get stuck in the power core room, obj1.

You know when punks are planting the bombs? It took me a bit to figure out that I had to stand still for the bombs to plant. Prehaps you could add "Wait While" to "Bomb Is Being Planted"? It's no biggie. Oh, and I don't know if it's intentional, but bomb 2 has a delay, but bomb 1 doesn't. Who ever plants the first one is killed by it D:

Last thing, and thats the material scanner. Since it has to be decked, prehaps it'd be smart to move the icon from there to the team's JIPs?

That being said though, I did like it :P Kinda miss the dual drawbridge though. Looked cooler I think >_<
Neon Girl
PHAN
PHAN

Postby icepick66 » Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:58 am

my laptop lcd is shitty, I think we have a candidate to test my map on :D

Thankyou for the feedback neon,
First objective box, Ill change that/extend the smoke hurt area
Okay, Ill add some lights above both doors

Knew about that bug, got stuck there a few times too :P, ill just player clip it off
With getting stuck in the power core room, ill add a button that unlocks the door that is either delayed by 10 secs, or only works after the core has been destoryed.

The icon on the fms is a hint icon not an objective icon, the objective icon is in the fms node. Seeing now I have a screen that says the status of the fms I can now delete that helper, and change the objective text to 'hack fms'.

Maybe ill change it back to the drawbridge, and make it a bit more beefy looking with pistons underneath etc.

With the bombs the blow up only after both have been planted, and they blow up instantly, ill add a 3 sec count down
icepick66
PHAN
PHAN

Postby icepick66 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:26 pm

http://icepick66.co.uk/Documents/dys_st ... 5b.bsp.bz2

B5b released,

Changelog:
+ Soundscapes added
+ 3D skybox added
+ more lights added
+ Brightness increased
+ Trigger hurt now coverers obj1 box
+ Mapping bug above is fixed
+ Power core room now has exit buttons

Still need to do other revisions but needed it released for the MFP :)
icepick66
PHAN
PHAN

Re: [New]Dys_Stronghold b5a - 12/Aug/09

Postby ocun » Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:26 pm

new lighting is a BIG step forward, really makes the map more pleasant to be in
i did notice lighting bugs here and there, small areas that are very dark (black) while the skybox is much brighter (as it should be) but it doesnt always make much sense, for example when exiting punks 1st spawn on your right thats pretty strangely dark to me, but in general the streets and all that are much better now, skybox is quite nice too!

one major bug in this release though, the screens (buttons) in cyberspace are all empty, so you cant hack anything thus the map cant be played
..unless this is a fault on my end :-)
ocun

Postby bauxite » Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:39 pm

prolly a map renaming problem so screens wont work. or somethin.
bauxite
PHAN
PHAN

Postby icepick66 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:52 am

My bad, forgot to edit the path to the screen file in packrat, re-uploaded, anyone who downloaded will have to replace their version with this one to avoid 'map differs from server'

Yeah skybox lighting is a bit off atm, after the mfp ill increase the brightness of the real level to match the skybox.
icepick66
PHAN
PHAN

PreviousNext

Return to Dystopia Custom Content